Chief Judge: Tommy Reames
Event Time: 4:00
Drop Dead Time: 6:00
This event is simulated de-energized and properly grounded. Each apprentice is required to replace a defective pin type insulator on an A1.1 (A1) and properly tie the primary conductor (1/0 ACSR) to the new insulator with the provided, pre-cut tie wire.
- Each apprentice has 5 minutes of setup time. During this time, each apprentice may direct event related questions to the event judge.
- Time starts on the judge’s signal.
- The wood pole fall restriction device can be adjusted to the pole and attached to the climber’s belt. The climber shall have both feet on the ground before time starts to begin the event.
- Leather work gloves shall be worn at all times.
- The pre-cut tie wire can be rolled during the set-up time.
- The canvas bucket can be loaded during the set-up time.
- The untied primary conductor shall rest in the hot arm while untied. Floating of conductors is prohibited.
- Each apprentice is required to hang the handline and lift/lower all required materials via the handline and grunt bag.
- The tie wire shall be tied per RUS specifications with tails between 1” - 1.5”.
- Time stops when the task is complete, and the apprentice has both feet safely on the ground.
- One gaff must be in the pole at all times when descending the pole.
- Judging will continue until the event site is restored to the original condition.
- All SCLR general rules apply.